Tuesday 12 August 2014

Going Out Face


This is my general going out face...not popping out, not out out...just out! (You know the skit!)

I thought I would give you a brief overview of the products I generally use for going out just to the pub or for dinner, along those lines. 

This is my no makeup, glorious face.

After primer this is what I smother my face in. First a bit of Boi-ing concealer by Benefit to cover any sneaky spots or dark circles. I'm not really keen on liquid foundation, I prefer something lighter, so I use this powder mineral foundation from Avon with a Ruby and Millie kabuki brush. As it's summer I add a bit bronzer just under my cheek bones and some highlighter.

Based. I'm sure I'm not actually this orange...

Next on to eyes. I use a pencil liner on my top lash line and on the outer corners of my lower lashes aswell as inside the waterline. I also use a liquid liner over the top, I find it easier over pencil as I don't have a very steady hand, and although it looks less dramatic it is less messy! I use an eyelash primer to thicken and lengthen my lashes before mascara and fill in my brows with a bit of pencil. For lips, I generally have something in my bag for a touch of moisture and colour throughout the evening such as Barry M Cor Balmy.

There, Ta-da, done! Now hair, get changed and ready to go out...but not out out!








6 comments :

  1. Oh God, I'm such a massive fan of Benefit's High Beam, I use it on my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose too as apparently it does great things but I forget what.. that doesn't stop me from doing it though! ;) You have a nice style of writing by the way; funny but informative!

    http://findmethoseheels.blogspot.co.uk/
    - Thanks for following on bloglovin', I've returned the favour! -

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Highbeam is such a good highlighter, I often put it in my cupids bow as it makes your lips look fuller!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous :) I'm such a huge fan of Benefit's High Beam too!

    Meg at Meg Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, it's so great and lasts forever!

      Delete
  3. using pencil then liquid liner is actually a really good idea, I've never thought of that before! I'll definitely have to try it and see if I can even out my shaky lines hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it works really well? I blend it with an eyeliner brush so it's not as strong and the liquid shows up better

      Delete